Thursday, January 2, 2014

New year, new us, new blog!

During my pregnancy with Wesley I began a blog entitled, "A La Mode to Mommy" which touched on my journey from a fashion merchandising major to a soon to be mom. 

Since then, our lives have done a complete 180. I went from being a new mommy, to a newly single mommy. With that title comes no shame. If you would have asked me during my pregnancy how I thought children were supposed to be raised, I would have told you with a FAMILY - meaning mom, dad, and baby. Anything other than that would have been completely unacceptable. Boy, how my outlook has changed! I have the happiest little boy, he is perfectly content with just me.

We have been blessed this past year. All of the miracles that have gotten us to our current safe haven are beyond me. They're all with Jesus. We have been blessed over and over again with amazing opportunities. Every day is still a struggle, but everyday has become beautiful...and promising. 

We have moved out of our old home, with broken, twisted memories. Into a new home, that's just ours. One in which we have rightfully earned and fought for. Everyday I learn something new about myself and my inner strength. Everyday I learn how damn awesome my kid is.  For once I am letting my artistic mind free again, free writing more than ever before. 

More than anything, I'm praying. I'm leaning to be grateful for the little things, I'm learning how blessed I am just to be standing on my own two feet. 

This new blog, entitled "Per Fidem" is about just that. Our life, through faith. Because without it, I don't know where in the heck we would be! Don't expect us to write lengthy reviews on frivolous baby items and give make up tutorials on how to turn your skin from pink to blue ;). However, maybe you can stop by and enjoy some of the messages that have gotten us through or day, or our week. Enjoy the big blued eyed babe that keeps my heart afloat. If anything, this blog is for Wesley. As he grows he can look back at where we were then and where we are now and see to never give up hope or your dreams. 

I'm a mama, who loves The Lord in all his glory, I enjoy everything art and coffee is my second best friend. & I've just decided to begin writing our story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment